Activities Available at the Cottage
There are a lot of activities that you can do while staying at Cross Paddle Retreat! Here are just a few:
- Canoeing – we have kilometres of uninhabited shoreline to explore. The lake offers access -by portages- to two other lakes that are entirely surrounded by Crown land.
- Swimming – the water is great! Clean, deep, and clear of weeds.
- Fishing – Cross Lake has rainbow trout and small mouth bass.
- Hiking – there are kilometres worth of trails to explore.
- ATVing – the ATV trails in the area are second to none.
- Geocaching – if you have your own GPS then why not try a high tech treasure hunt? We have two caches nearby accessible by foot, and another reached by canoe. There are several more caches in the area that are only a short drive away. Here is the map of our local caches. Download the coordinates before you arrive.
- Algonquin Park – only a short 45 minute drive to the Visitor Centre and Logging Museum.